Creamy bacon dressing
Here is a recipe that I found for what sounds like a terrific bacon dressing. I haven't tried making it yet, but it's on my to-do list. I have had bacon dressing before on a salad of spinach and crumbled hard-boiled eggs, warm, and it was great.
- 300 mL (1-1/4 cup) milk
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) light mayo
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) dijon or grainy mustard
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) salt
- 2 mL (1/2 teaspoon) pepper
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) white wine vinegar.
- 4 slices of bacon
- Cook the bacon until it is crispy.
- Whisk together the milk, mayo, mustard, salt, and papper.
- Gradually whisk in the vinegar.
- Crumble the bacon and stir it in.
- Let stand at least 10 minutes, or until thickened.